There has been a recent push within the community service sector for additional service providers who offer specialised support for children and young people under the care of the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services. YLO (Youth Support Services) aims to address this need through our specialised support service offering a range of youth work support services targeting children living in foster care or foster placements where there is an identified risk of a placement breaking down. In addition, YLO (Youth Support Services) offers services specifically targeting youth that are preparing to transition from care and supporting them to acquire the skills they require post 18 years of age.
To provide responsive youth support services to Child Safety in ensuring that needs of children and young people are maintained and promoted
- To provide quality youth support personnel to assist with the needs of children and young people’s care planning
- To provide support and intervention within foster care placements
- To provide support and intervention to families at risk of entering the foster care system
- To provide support and intervention to families who are participating in the reunification process
- To ensure that children and young people feel safe and are receiving intuitive and tailored assistance
- To advocate publicly and privately for the needs of children and young people within care